Festival of Curraj i Epërm
On August 29th, 2015, the first Festival of Curraj i Epërm was held in the center of the village. Local people used this opportunity to celebrate the 100th anniversary of a key victory achieved during the first years of World War I, and for us, it represented a grand finale of our activites for year 2015. The event was attended by approx. 80 people from Albania and another 70 from other countries.
In summer 2016, the festival will be held on 6th of August. Come visit us 🙂
- dances practice
- practice of Czech and and other (international) songs
- catering (sheep, other food)
- a horseriding competition
- a rhythm workshop
- manufacturing of musical instruments
- opening ceremony of the festival – revelation of a memorial plaque dedicated to Albanian heroes of World War 1, opening speeches and information regarding activities of Albanian Challenge in the region
- musical performances by local and other Albanian artists
- Czech songs
- Albanian songs
- consecration of the newly repaired church
- Czech dances (“Česká beseda”)
- festive dinner – grilled sheep, cheese (goat, sheep), home-made bread baked by our team, flia (a northern-Albanian specialty), salad etc.
- Czech dances
- Main dancing block (polkas, waltz, czardas, jive, letkiss etc.)
- Czech music
- International music
- free programme
The whole festival wend smoothly thanks to the effort of Nicole Schicková, Kristýna and Rebeka Kopřivová, Anička Ambrozková, Petra Brychtová and many others, who lent a helping hand.